Update: Lightmap HDR Light Studio – Tungsten Drop 4 is released
HDR Light Studio Tungsten Drop 4 adds a ton of Preset System enhancements and updated compatibility for Maya 2020 and Modo 14.
HDR Light Studio
HDR Light Studio software provides 3D artists with a new way to light 3D imagery. Paint your shot with lights. The lighting process is now easy, fast, precise, creative and enjoyable. HDR Light Studio builds lighting that is used by your existing 3D software and renderer. By adding HDR Light Studio, 3D artists become more productive and image quality improves.
What’s new in Tungsten Drop 4?
Preset System Enhancements
One of the most underrated features in HDR Light Studio is the Presets system. A wealth of high-quality lighting content and settings are included out of the box (over 1,000 presets including 398 images). Plus you can easily add your own HDRI maps and lighting imagery to this library too – making HDR Light Studio the ideal place to store all of your lighting content.
In this release, we have given the Presets system some more love – allowing you to manage user presets, filter your favorites and apply presets to the lighting designs in new ways that save you time.
To coincide with the release, we have just released over 70 minutes of in-depth training, so you can master Presets. There is so much more to Presets than the default studio light sources. The new training is available on our Learn page.
Support added for:
Tested against: Redshift 2.6.51, V-Ray 4.30.001, Octane 2019.1.5 – 15.14, RenderMan 23.1, Arnold 4.0.1
Redshift 3 in Cinema 4D
- Save Render View Images – This Project menu item has been updated to save out all Render Views as EXR files, both the internal and external rendered image when available.
- Saving Render View Images during Production Render – Has been updated to save out all Render Views as PNG files with LUT baked into image.
- HDR Light Studio ‘Project files’ are about 8 times smaller in file size in this release than previous versions. We now only save the active settings on each light in the project. Performance may be improved when used via a connection as a result.
- The updated about box contains more information and a ‘Copy Details to Clipboard’ feature, which can provide our support team with useful information about your installation for trouble shooting.
HDR Light Studio Changes:
- Reflection Fresnel settings have been simplified for HDR Light Studio’s Render View. Fresnel setting is now set using only an IOR setting. Removing the none physical approaches of ‘None’ and ‘Custom’.
- Image Saturation and Gamma ‘up and down’ arrow button increments were too big and have been reduced to steps of 0.1. (Customer request)
- Render Progress Bar is now orange – easier to notice when a render has completed. (Customer request)
- Render View and Canvas tool settings are no longer stored within project files. This caused confusion when a scene loaded and the tools changed.
- Color Profile (LUT) dropdowns can now accommodate wider LUT names. These were truncated and with ACES LUTS this made them hard to correctly identify and select.
Posted by Kim Sternisha